Signage is a recurring theme that we keep hearing about on our visits to various stores. It’s obviously a problem area for quite a number of in-store staff so we asked what specific aspects caused them the most frustration. They were:
- The time it takes to sort out tickets and signage when it’s sent to the store
- The delay, or sometimes impossibility, of getting replacement tickets
- Compliance and knowing which tickets are most current
- Dealing with all the other non ticket signage in the store
- The customer complaints caused by incorrect or unclear promotions
While many of us spend a lot of time working with new technologies it’s easy to take our eye off the very basic things that need fixing. In fact if the basics are not fixed the benefits from new technologies and more complex price tickets and promotional materials will definitely be impacted.