A QR code is a two-dimensional barcode that is readable by smartphones and special scanners. The code consists of black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background. How does a QR code work and how can you use it in business?
How does a QR code work?
QR codes are similar to the barcodes used in supermarkets, but are more versatile and can store more data. Moreover, they’re also used more frequently, since most people have access to smartphones with a camera that can read QR codes.
So, how does a QR code work? A QR code is a two-dimensional barcode that is readable by smartphones. QR stands for Quick Response, as the code can be read quickly by a smartphone camera or a special scanner.
It’s possible to use QR codes to encode various data such as texts, contact information, calendar events, images, or URLs.
It’s also worth mentioning that more and more organizations use QR codes to encode URLs so that users can quickly scan the code and get to a particular website, or perform any other step.
What are the advantages of QR codes?
There are many reasons why it’s worth using QR codes in business. The most important ones include:
- the possibility to create them easily and quickly,
- the possibility to use them to encode various types of data and content, from contact details, to menus, and URLs,
- the fact that they’re easily accessible, and people can scan them with a few clicks using smartphones,
- the possibility to quickly share information and guide your customers,
- the fact that they’re cost-effective and can support your marketing efforts in a number of ways.
How to use a QR code in business? 5 ideas that will take your marketing campaign to the next level
How to use QR codes in business? These simple and convenient solutions can take your marketing efforts to the next level.
Apart from using them to provide more information about your products or services, you can benefit from QR codes to :
- Offer your customers exclusive deals and discounts. This is a great way to increase sales and encourage customer loyalty.
- Drive traffic to your website by adding a QR code to your print ads or using them on your business cards.
- Increase social media engagement by providing a QR code to your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter profile, which will allow your customers to access these pages with just a scan.
- Collect customer feedback by placing a QR code on your receipts or product packaging, which will allow buyers to quickly and conveniently rate your products or services.
- Provide detailed product information to those who are interested, by putting a QR code on your labels or packaging. This makes it possible to keep your labels and design more transparent and minimalistic, whilst offering all the necessary information to customers.
You already know how QR codes work and how to use them in business. Now it’s time to take action. Benefit from these widely accessible solutions to support your marketing efforts, and improve UX.
Do you find this interesting?
A lot of time and money is spent calculatingContact us